HOUSTON, TX – MAY 23, 2023 – symplr®, the leader in enterprise healthcare operations software, announced the “Pledge to Advance Healthcare Operations,” a shared commitment among health system and industry leaders to improve healthcare operations with meaningful, actionable steps to increase efficiency, and reduce the administrative and operational burden for healthcare workers.
The pledge details five key tenets identified during the 2023 Healthcare Operations Summit by leaders of major health companies and hospital systems that will improve healthcare operations and patient care:
- Empower Decisions: Unify and standardize healthcare operations tools, reporting, and analytics for decision-making — ensuring we are getting near real-time, valuable insights from data
- Prioritize User Experience: Champion user-oriented technology that supports and strengthens an exhausted healthcare workforce
- Advocate for Better Data: Unite around one dynamic and reliable source of truth for provider data as well as other related healthcare operational data
- Expand Access, Build Loyalty: Exceed the expectations of today’s transient healthcare consumer with patient access and loyalty ecosystems that rival those found in other industries
- Facilitate the Advancement of Care: Embrace proven innovation and automation to streamline care and operational efficiency, raising expectations for how our industry delivers care
“When healthcare operations are not optimized, there is a greater risk of medical errors and associated patient morbidity and mortality,” said Linda Knodel, former chief nurse executive and senior vice president of patient care services at Kaiser Permanente and Mercy Health System. “By improving the use of healthcare operations software, we can increase the effectiveness of the workforce, ultimately leading to better patient outcomes.”
By signing the pledge, healthcare leaders are committing to work across the industry with clinicians, technology partners, and colleagues to advance healthcare operations and enable frontline healthcare workers to spend more time delivering exceptional patient care.
“Aligning ourselves as an industry is a critical step in improving patient care,” said BJ Schaknowski, CEO of symplr. “Through this pledge and our work with leading healthcare organizations, we aim to standardize healthcare operations and accelerate the value in automation and innovation to bolster our healthcare workforce. We are proud to lead the charge.”
Signees include the following industry leaders and innovators, among others:
- Linda J. Knodel MHA, MSN, FACHE, FAAN, Healthcare and Nurse Executive, Former Chief Nurse Executive and SVP, Patient Care Services at Kaiser Permanente and Mercy Health
- Adam Gale, Chief Executive Officer, KLAS Research
- Deb Zimmermann, DNP, RN, NEA-BC, FAAN, CEO, The DAISY Foundation
- Ann De Los Santos, VP, Physician Relations and Strategic Growth, Ascension Texas
- Ray Gensinger, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Tegria
- Tim Getsay, Executive Vice President, Integration and Performance, Gillette Children's Specialty Hospital
- Justin Glasgow, MD, PhD, SFHM, former Associate Chief Quality Officer
- Taylor Hamilton, Chief Consumer Officer, Ballad Health
- Susan Grant, DNP, RN, FAAN, Executive Vice President, Chief Experience Officer, Chief Nurse Executive, Wellstar Health System
- Phillip Hampton, Chief Supply Chain Officer, Presbyterian Healthcare Services
- Ajith Kumar, Vice President, Digital Transformation, Prime Healthcare
- Jamie Silkey, PA-C, MPAS, Associate Chief Medical Informatics Officer, Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin
- Dee Donatelli, RN, BSN, MBA, Senior Director, Spend Management, symplr
- Karlene Kerfoot, PhD, RN, FAAN, Chief Nursing Officer, symplr
- Angel Mena, MD, PhD, Chief Medical officer, symplr
- Ali Morin, MSN, RN-BC, vice president of nursing informatics, symplr
Learn more about steps to advancing healthcare operations and sign the pledge here.
symplr is the leader in enterprise healthcare operations software and services. For more than 30 years and with deployments in 9 of 10 U.S. hospitals, symplr has been committed to improving healthcare operations through its cloud-based solutions, driving better operations for better outcomes. Our provider data management, workforce management, and healthcare governance, risk management, and compliance (GRC) solutions improve the efficiency and efficacy of healthcare operations, enabling caregivers to quickly handle administrative tasks so they have more time to do what they do best: provide high-quality patient care. Learn how at http://www.symplr.com.
Matter Health for symplr