Gain actionable insights from a Chief Nursing Officer who led a successful transition to patient-centered staffing
As health systems transition from acuity-based to patient-centered staffing models, there are a lot of factors to consider. A successful transition must marry productivity with quality of care to ensure the best outcomes.
Originally published in American Nurse Today, this article outlines SwedishAmerican Hospital’s successful transition to patient-centered staffing. This insightful Q&A with Ann Gantzer, PhD, RN, chief nursing officer and vice president of patient services uncovers:
- Nuances of patient-centered staffing
- Tips for a smooth transition
- The critical partnership between financial and nursing teams
- The importance of intentionally selecting tools that support your success
- Four key words of advice to fellow healthcare leaders