By Kevin Bonsor, Senior Director of Product Marketing, symplr
This year, symplr was a proud sponsor of the National Association Medical Staff Services (NAMSS) Educational Conference and Exhibition, the first NAMSS conference to be held in person in three years. It was a great opportunity to meet and hear from the hundreds of medical staff services professionals (MSPs) who convened in Nashville for the three-day event. It also was the perfect venue to share our provider data management product vision and get feedback from the people who use our software every day.
Our team discussed our approach to simplifying provider data management and demonstrated the new Advanced Privileging capabilities of symplr Provider. Our first-to-market functionality enables credentialing professionals and MSPs to manage and evaluate the entire privileging lifecycle in one streamlined workflow.
According to Ann Hawkins, director of product management at symplr, “After three years, it was great to meet with our customers. There really is no substitute for face-to-face connections and hearing directly from our customers. It was great to see such a high level of engagement and interest.”
symplr thought leaders present at NAMSS
symplr staff also had the privilege of presenting two educational sessions this year:
- Peer Review Through a Legal Lens: Past, Present & Future—presented by Joni Orand, senior quality consultant; and Cynthia Gallee, JD, RHIA, CHC, senior solution consultant
- How Health Systems Can Unlock the Fiscal Potential of Provider Data Management—presented by Jennifer Cloud, CPMSM, CPCS, director of CVO Services; and Keith Belton, vice president of partnerships
Constantly innovating: What’s new
We've been working on streamlining and simplifying the privileging process, and many NAMSS attendees took the opportunity to see the new features in action and engage with our new Advanced Privileging capabilities, including the ability to:
- Create and maintain clinical privileges using the symplr privileging forms library of more than 9,600 privileges across +300 specialties
- Allow providers to make digital requests for specific privileges
- Link current CPT and ICD codes to core and special privileges
- Identify privilege status: requested, approved, denied, and not requested
- Approve requested privileges via the Committee Manager module, which enables health systems to organize and conduct the entire provider review process electronically
- Specify all or a subset of privileges to apply across the organization or by facility
symplr makes healthcare operations easier
We're committed to facilitating healthcare organizations through the complexities of managing provider data, making credentialing about both patient safety and provider satisfaction with our solutions and services, including symplr CVO. symplr CVO’s Primary Source Verification Services provide the focus and fortitude to conduct primary source verification quickly and accurately. symplr CVO’s Payer Enrollment Services can enroll your applicants into federal, state, and commercial payer insurance plans for hassle-free enrollment and faster reimbursement. State licensure and consulting services round out our robust CVO offerings.
Request a free demo of symplr Provider, including Advanced Privileging, and see how to streamline provider data management using symplr’s tools today.
Don’t miss the next opportunity to connect with us for our Privileging Process Webinar on September 27 at 11:30 AM CT.