MedKinetics Wins 2007 Dell/NFIB Small Business Excellence Award
FRANKLIN, TN and PITTSBURGH, PA (July 24, 2007) - Medkinetics, LLC and its partner, Horty, Springer & Mattern, are pleased to announce that Medkinetics is the winner of the 2007 Dell/National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) Small Business Excellence Award for "its trailblazing work to automate the laborious process of physician credentialing, hospital privileging and peer review." The award was presented to Jim Cox, founder and President of Medkinetics, at an awards ceremony in New York on July 10 by Todd Stottlemyer, CEO of the NFIB and Frank Muehleman, Vice President and General Manager of Dell's Small and Medium Business Division.
Begun eight years ago when Jim Cox developed software to help his wife, a pediatric ophthalmologist, complete a stack of credentialing paperwork, Medkinetics now offers a continuum of software solutions to assist hospitals with credentialing, verification, privileging, payor enrollment and peer review:
- Universal Privileging System - unlike privileging "modules" in other systems, the Universal Privileging System includes core and special privileges for all medical specialties. It also includes threshold criteria for the core privileges in each medical specialty and for more than 200 special procedures. A Pediatric Edition of the Universal Privileging System for Children's Hospitals was recently released.
- Universal Peer Review Management System - guides and manages workflow, outlines tasks at each level of the review process, and provides all necessary documentation, resulting in a more effective and efficient process. The foundation for the Universal Peer Review Management System is a peer review policy developed by the partners of Horty, Springer & Mattern based on their work with hospitals and medical staffs across the country.
- Universal Credentialing - a powerful credentialing system that can manage thousands of data elements per provider and allows for automatic completion of federal, state, payor and hospital-specific credentialing applications.
- On-Line Primary Source Verification - a primary source verification tool that automatically merges provider data with verification letters and on-line queries to the NPDB, OIG and others.
- MD SignUp - Need to get your newly recruited physicians enrolled quickly as participating providers in managed care plans? Enter their information once, and MD SignUp will complete the applications and follow up with payors to be sure they are processed in a timely fashion.
All of the Medkinetics systems are Internet-based and require no on-site software installation. The components of the system can easily be customized to meet the unique needs of each hospital.
About Tracey Meyer
Tracey Meyer is responsible for all symplr software product management, and was in the Cactus Software product development group for 2 years before being selected to helm the product management team for symplr. She brings 20 years of business and technical software experience building products to simplify and enhance the user experience for her clients.