I. Collection and Use of Personal Information.
a. Personal Information. Visitors of the Website are not required to disclose any personal information in order to visit the Website. When a User becomes a Registered User and creates an account, symplr may collect a variety of personal information, including name, mailing address, phone number, email address, contact preferences, and credit card information. During the course of providing Service to a Registered User or updating a Registered User's profile, symplr may collect additional personal information, including, but not limited to, job title, job description, professional qualifications, educational history, vaccination records, medical history and user comments, in order to allow healthcare providers and other customers of symplr’s credentialing services to locate, credential, communicate with, and authenticate Registered Users.
b. Associated Facilities. symplr’s Services involve collecting information provided to symplr by Users directly (whether business, medical or personal information) (“Information”) and sharing such Information to those customers of symplr that subscribe to its Services (“Associated Facilities”), including, but not limited to, vendor credentialing services, provider credentialing services and payor enrollment services. In addition to using your Information in connection with the provision of Services to Associated Facilities, we may also use your Information, from time to time, to help symplr develop, deliver, and improve its products, services, content and advertising. From time to time, we may use your Information to send important notices, such as:
communications about purchases and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
Communications from Associated Facilities in your geographic territory or from Associated Facilities that you have previously visited; and
Communications from symplr to you regarding the issuance, renewal and expiration of your credentials, new Associated Facilities added to or included within the symplr network of customers, and new product features.
II. Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information. symplr also collects non-personal information. Non-personal data is data that is in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that we collect and how we may use it:
- We may collect information such as occupation, language, and zip code of Users (without associating such information with a particular User) so that we can better understand Users’ behavior and improve our products, services, and advertising.
- The Website uses an extended log file format which captures: date and time of visit, referring address (location from which a visitor comes to Website), type of Internet browser, and visitor's IP address and DNS name. Each computer that connects to the Internet is assigned a unique number, an IP address, for identification purposes. The log file does not capture a visitor's email address, or any other personal information or financial information.
- We may also collect information regarding User activities on our website.
When Non-Personal Information becomes Personal Information. If we combine non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined and will be subject to the use policies listed above in “Collection and Use of Personal Information.”
Cookies and Other Technologies.
- Removal of Cookies. Cookies can be removed from your computer's hard drive, and depending on what type of web browser and what browser version you are using, you may be able to change the properties on your cookie file so that cookies are not used or saved. Please check with your browser provider for more information related to removing cookies.
Access to and Accuracy of Information. You can help ensure that your information and preferences are accurate, complete, and up to date by logging in to your Account (as defined in the Terms and Use). For other information, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can request that we correct the data if it is inaccurate or delete the data if symplr is not required to retain it by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Our Companywide Commitment to Your Privacy.
- Protection of Personal Information. symplr takes commercially reasonable precautions — including administrative, technical, and physical measures — to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. symplr uses Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption on all webpages where personal information is collected. You are required to use an SSL-enabled browser such as Safari, Firefox, Chrome or Internet Explorer in order to avail yourself of the SSL security used by symplr – doing so protects the confidentiality of your personal information while it is transmitted over the Internet.
VIII. Inquiries and Complaints; Opt-Out.
b. Opt-Out. If you decide that you do not wish to receive communications from us, you can opt-out of such communications by contacting us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the address provided below and indicating that you no longer want to receive information relating to this Website or the Services.
Effective: March 01, 2016
616 Cypress Creek Pkwy, Suite 800
Houston, Texas 77090